- Penne Pasta16 OuncesUse whatever pasta you prefer.
- Hummus10 Ounces
- Mushrooms1 CupsSliced.
- Kale3 CupsCut into bite sized pieces. You can substitute with spinach.
- Onion1/2Small to medium sized, sliced.
- Bell Pepper1/2Sliced.
- Oil2 Teaspoons
- Salt and PepperTo taste.
- Plant Based Milk1/2 Cups
- BasilFresh for garnish. Optional.
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. While the pasta is cooking, wash and chop the vegetables.
3. Blend the hummus and non-dairy milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
4. Heat a pan, and when the pan is hot add the oil. Add the peppers, onions, and kale (if using spinach do not add yet).
5. When the peppers, onions, and kale are tender, add the mushrooms (and spinach if using). Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. When the mushrooms and spinach are starting to soften, add the hummus sauce and heat until warm.
7. Serve over Penne and garnish with fresh basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.