- Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)15 OuncesRinsed and drain
- Finely chopped celery1/2 Cups
- Finely chopped yellow onion1/4 Cups
- Finely chopped green onions1/4 Cups
- Tofu Mayonnaise1/4 Cups
- Mustard1 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice1 Tablespoons
- SaltTo taste
1. Place chickpeas in a food processor. Cover and process just until coarsely chopped. (Or mash with a potato masher.)
2. Transfer chickpeas to a medium bowl. Stir in the next five ingredients (through lemon juice). adding a bit more mayonnaise, if desired, for a creamier spread. Season with salt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
TOFU MAYO: In a food processor combine 12.3 pkg firm tofu; 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice; 1 tsp sugar; 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp dry mustard; and 1/8 tsp. white pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Cover and chill until needed. If desired, store in a refrigerator up to 1 week. Makes 2 cups.
The flavor in this recipes its incredible.
It can be eaten as an appetizer, breakfast, lunch, snack or even a light dinner.
Jazz it up by adding it in your favorite toast, pita bread, arepa, or even half of an avocado.
Enjoy and Buen Provecho!